Part time, job share, year round
Starting November 2022 and January 2023
We are seeking to appoint two professional, friendly and effective receptionists to join our administration team and share responsibility for managing the main school reception.
Headington’s reception is open from 7.45 am until 6.00 pm Monday - Friday during term time and from 7.45 am until 1.00 pm during school holidays. Currently, these hours are split 7.45 am - 1.00 pm and 12.45 pm - 6.00 pm, but these hours could be adjusted to suit the right candidates.
The positions are available in November 2022 and January 2023
Headington’s receptionists form part of a wider administration team that works collectively to ensure the smooth running of school operations. Headington is a busy and vibrant place, with many pupils, staff, parents, and visitors passing through reception daily.
There are two part-time, year-round positions available, (7.45 am - 1.00 pm or 12.45 pm - 6.00 pm), with start dates in November 2022 and January 2023.
- welcoming visitors, providing security passes, arranging for their care whilst in the School until departure
- managing the online visitor booking and sign-in system
- first line telephone answering and passing messages as appropriate
- dealing with a wide-range of queries from staff, pupils, parents and external callers
- accepting parcel deliveries and liaising with the porter
- filing of pupil information and general correspondence
- booking and confirming staff training courses and maintaining a staff training log
- provision of general administrative service for staff, eg labels, letters
- assisting with stationery orders and stocks
- assisting staff with mailings, ie A and E Grade Sheets, Pupil Reports
- assisting with GCSE and A Level Certificates and posting by recorded delivery
- assisting with administration for Foundation Day, Prize Giving, Careers Fairs and other School events
- completing hand-over diary as necessary
- providing cover for the other receptionists during holiday time and sickness.
- carrying out any other duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- First Aider to pupils and staff (training will be provided)
- providing cover for colleagues during illness and holidays
Qualifications and Experience
- experience of working in a customer service based environment and dealing with a variety of people by telephone and face to face
- knowledge of IT systems and ability to learn new applications as necessary
- customer service experience
Personal Attributes and Skills
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to motivate and enthuse others
- adaptability and show good judgement
- an exceptional administrator
- have a positive manner and a sense of humour
- sympathy with the values and ethos of the School
Terms of Appointment
Type of Contract
Part time, job share, currently 7.45 am - 1.00 pm and 12.45 pm - 6.00 pm, but these hours could be adjusted to suit the right candidates. The positions are available in November 2022 and January 2023. Annual leave is to be taken outside term time.
Contributory membership of the School’s Support Staff Pension Scheme with a School contribution of up to 9.95 per cent upon successful completion of six months’ service.
In accordance with the School’s policy, which may be subject to change, up to 50 per cent fee remission for girls attending Headington School and up to 20 per cent fee remission for boys attending Magdalen College School (under a reciprocal agreement) and subject to the terms of their policy. Fee remission is calculated on the number of weeks and hours worked and is pro rata for part-time staff who work at least 50 per cent of a working week.
£22.7k – £24.8k FTE per annum depending on skills and experience. Prorated salary to be confirmed.
All staff have access to a broad programme of wellbeing activities. The programme currently includes access to the School’s gym and swimming pool, weekly Yoga, Step and Tone and Zumba classes and regular staff social activities such as Book Club and Staff Choir. Staff also benefit from free access to the Employee Assistance Programme, a free, confidential hotline that offers advice on a range of issues. Free restricted parking is available for all staff on site.
Appointment Process and How To Apply
Applicants should submit an application form and a covering letter detailing their skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates completing the application form in full. CVs will not be accepted in substitution for completed application forms. However, they may be sent in addition to the application form.
- We will seek references on shortlisted candidates and will approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications, before the interview. References will ask about your suitability to work with children.
- If you are invited to interview you will receive notification outlining the interview process and guidance regarding the documentation you are required to provide.
Closing Date: Please apply immediately
Interviews: on application
All appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of all employment checks, ie references, Disclosure and Barring Service, medical questionnaire, Right to Work in the UK. Headington School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and DBS and barred lists checks. The School expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.